Monthly Luncheons are held at Club Meade (6600 Mapes Rd. 20755) from 10:30 am – 1:30 pm on the 3rd Thursday of the month. This year we are hosting a few evening dinner events as well. These are fun and social gatherings for our members to reconnect, network, and support other spouses, while enjoying a delicious meal, exciting raffles, and vendor exhibits from which to shop. The luncheon cost is $18 (cash or check) paid at the door. The evening events cost $20. The OSC also supports a community service project each month.
It’s Membership Appreciation time! Join us for this evening event on Thursday, April 24th at 6:30 pm. This is a members-only event. You must be a member in good standing with the OSC to attend. The cost of this “luncheon” is $15, payable at the door with cash or check. If you cancel your RSVP past the deadline, you are still responsible for payment.
This month we are supporting Sarah’s House, a supportive housing program, offering emergency and transitional housing with an array of other services for homeless families in Anne Arundel County. They provide safe shelter, daily meals, and personal, as well as professional, casework support for those in need. As a supportive housing program for homeless families, Sarah’s House is much more than just a safe place to sleep. Their goal is to bring positive change in the families they serve. We will collect the following items at April’s “luncheon”-
Most Urgent Needs: Aluminum disposable pans (medium and large), Ladies Black Pants (all sizes needed), Pillows (new), Fitted Sheets (twin size), Baby Wash, Women’s deodorant, Sugar and sugar substitutes
Ongoing Needs: Towels (new), Blankets (new), Cereal (Kix, Cheerios, Rice Chex, etc.), Salad dressing (Ranch, etc.), Plastic forks and spoons, Paper plates, cups, napkins, towels, 100% juice fruit drinks, Powdered drink mixes, Snacks for children (goldfish crackers, granola bars, etc.), Feminine hygiene and hair products, Chapstick, Baby bottle and feeding supplies, Disposable diapers, Diaper Genie refills , Pull-ups, Baby wipes
Luncheon Reservation Policy:
1. The reservation deadline is 10 days prior to the luncheon. RSVP to the Eventbrite link provided above or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you miss the deadline, you can email Reservations and ask to be put on the wait list. We are unable to accommodate walk-ins.
2. You must cancel via email to email@example.com. You are responsible for the price of the luncheon. Remit your payment ASAP, as you will not be able to attend another luncheon until you settle your account. Mail payment to: Ft. Meade OSC, Attn: Reservations, P.O. Box 280, Ft. Meade, MD 20755
3. When you email the Reservations Chair to cancel, she will let you know if there is someone on the waiting list that can take your spot, and that you are no longer held responsible for the luncheon cost. If you cancel after the deadline, you are held financially responsible even if your spot was filled.
4. Vegan/vegetarian options are offered this year. However, if you have other food restrictions/allergies, they will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. Contact 1st VP to discuss those issues.
5. Regarding children at the luncheon, lap babies (under 12 months and not mobile) are always welcome.
If you have a question about the luncheons, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mark your calendar for the following luncheon dates. Events start at 10:30 AM unless otherwise noted.
April 24 at 6:30 PM (4th Thursday): “Membership Appreciation” – Members Only
May 15: “Make New Friends, But Keep the Old”