Monthly Luncheons are held at Club Meade (6600 Mapes Rd. 20755) from 10:30 am – 1:30 pm on the 3rd Thursday of the month. This year we are hosting a few evening dinner events as well. These are fun and social gatherings for our members to reconnect, network, and support other spouses, while enjoying a delicious meal, exciting raffles, and vendor exhibits from which to shop. The luncheon cost is $18 (cash or check) paid at the door. The evening events cost $20. The OSC also supports a community service project each month.
Are you ready for Spring? The OSC is! We invite you to join us for our “Bloom Where You’re Planted” Luncheon, held on the first day of Spring, Thursday, March 20th at 10:30 am.
We are supporting the Ft. Meade USO Pantry this month. Since the pantry’s official opening in May, the USO has provided boxes of nonperishable nutritional foods such as canned vegetables, boxed cereal, and canned beans and soup to families on Fort Meade who request assistance. The only requirements for using the pantry are to provide the service member’s name and rank and the number of people in the family.
The USO relies upon donations and food drives to keep the pantry stocked. Popular items are canned fruit and vegetables, canned meats and boxed noodles.
Please bring nonperishable food items to donate to the Fort Meade USO to the March luncheon.
Luncheon Reservation Policy:
1. The reservation deadline is 10 days prior to the luncheon. RSVP to the Eventbrite link provided above or email email@example.com. If you miss the deadline, you can email Reservations and ask to be put on the wait list. We are unable to accommodate walk-ins.
2. You must cancel via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You are responsible for the price of the luncheon. Remit your payment ASAP, as you will not be able to attend another luncheon until you settle your account.
3. When you email the Reservations Chair to cancel, she will let you know if there is someone on the waiting list that can take your spot, and that you are no longer held responsible for the luncheon cost. If you cancel after the deadline, you are held financially responsible even if your spot was filled.
4. Vegan/vegetarian options are offered this year. However, if you have other food restrictions/allergies, they will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. Contact 1st VP to discuss those issues.
5. Regarding children at the luncheon, lap babies (under 12 months and not mobile) are always welcome.
If you have a question about the luncheons, email email@example.com.
Mark your calendar for the following luncheon dates. Events start at 10:30 AM unless otherwise noted.
March 20: “Bloom Where You’re Planted”
April 10 at 6:30 PM (2nd Thursday): “Membership Appreciation” – Members Only
May 15: “Make New Friends, But Keep the Old”